Light gauge steel Deflection Clip VertiClip SLB Features:
- Load transferred from stud web
- Eliminates bridging or strapping within 12 of connection
- Eliminates flange-loaded, friction-fit clips, which do not address web-crippling
- Allows up to 2 vertical deflection (1 up and 1 down)
- VertiClip SLB is minimum 14 ga (68 mil) while competitors are 16 ga (54 mil), making it the strongest bypass clip on the market!
VertiClip® SLB Light Gauge Steel Connector is used to connect exterior curtain wall metal studs, bypassing the building structure, while allowing for vertical deflection of the structure up to 2 (1 up and 1 down). VertiClips unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the steel clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into curtain wall steel framing, which is not engineered to support axial loads. VertiClip SLB Bypass Steel Clip eliminates flange-loaded, friction-fit clips, which do not address web-crippling. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to stud (#12 screws provided with order).
US Patents #5,467,566 & #5,906,080
--- VertiClip SLB is designated by type (SLB), followed by stud depth in inches multiplied by 100 Material Composition:
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340)
Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum yield strength
65ksi (450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713 design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.